EcoCert is designed, owned and operated by Econcertive, an independent company which was established by Managing Director Phil Walker in 2009.
Phil is an engineer who started his career in the UK shipbuilding industry. Later he was based in South Korea, then China, developing businesses for an international certification body. This included providing ISO 9000 Quality Certifications and ISO 14001 Environmental Certifications for local and multi-national business clients. Phil passed his ISO 14001 lead assessor training in Tokyo in 1996.
He moved to Ireland with his family in 2004, and spent four years as the environmental advisor to Waterford Chamber. In this role he assisted more than 30 Irish companies to improve their environmental performance and achieve an environmental certification, notably to the Green Dragon and Green Hospitality Awards.
Phil holds a first class honours degree in Naval Architecture; an M.Sc. in Production Technology; Diploma in Welding Technology; and a Fellowship in Manufacturing Management.
Econcertive provides environmental support to businesses and organisations in all sectors, primarily by means of the EcoCert scheme. The company follows its own EcoCert principles and operates in an environmentally aware and responsible manner.
- We monitor our own environmental performance and measure our carbon footprint
- We implement our own environmental improvements year-on-year
- We buy our electricity from the ‘greenest’ electricity supplier in Ireland
- We run fuel-efficient diesel vehicles
- We minimise travel by having home and office on the same site
- We recycle at least 70% of our waste
- We compost on site
- We use solar water heating
In short, we like to practice what we preach.